- What Information Does MotoChic Collect From or About Customers?
- How Does MotoChic Use My Contact or Customer Information?
- How Do I Update My Personal Information or Communication Preferences?
- How Does MotoChic Use Third Party Advertising and Analytics Services?
- What About Links to Other Websites?
- What are the Rights and Protections of EEA Residents?
- How Will I Know if MotoChic Updates This Policy?
- How Do I Contact MotoChic?
What Information Does MotoChic Collect From or About Customers?
- Information That You Provide: We collect any information that you enter through our website or give us in any way, such as when you create an account, place an order, sign up to receive our emails, or interact with us through our customer service channels (such as e-mail or our on-line chat dialog box). For example, you may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, payment information, billing and shipping address, demographic information, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information from Mobile Applications: When you download or use our mobile applications, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information we associate with your account.
How Does MotoChic Use My Contact or Customer Information?
We use your contact information (meaning email address, phone number, and billing and/or shipping address) for the following purposes only:
- We use your email address to help you create, manage, and maintain an account on our website, and to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news, and events that we think may interest you;
- We use your billing and shipping address to process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders, etc.; and/or
- We use your email address and phone number to send you security alerts, shipping notifications, and other administrative messages and to provide customer support.
We may use your customer information to improve your on-line experience by doing one or more of the following.
- Customizing our product offerings to suit your needs and interests.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities to improve our product offerings.
- Record purchases that you have made through our website.
- Allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our website and on our social media pages.
- Protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers.
- Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
From time to time we establish business relationships with other persons or entities that we believe to be trustworthy. Your customer information is sometimes shared with such carefully selected partners (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) in order to enhance your shopping experience.
We also may share information about you in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure of that information is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
How Do I Update My Personal Information or Communication Preferences?
You may access and update personal information stored by MotoChic and manage your communication preferences logging onto your account on the MotoChic website at www.motochicgear.com or by emailing us at [email protected] for unsubscribe requests or updates to personal information. For marketing communications click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email to unsubscribe from future marketing communications.
How Does MotoChic Use Third Party Advertising and Analytics Services?
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear or decline cookies. Please bear in mind that if you disable cookies, some of the features of our website or other on-line services may not function properly.
- To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can install Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info/. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
What About Links to Other Websites?
MotoChic may provide links to web sites operated by third parties that are not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on those web sites.
What are the Rights and Protections of EEA Residents?
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data. We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal bases.
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase.
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services.
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that this data be corrected. In certain cases, you may also have the right to request that we erase data we are processing or to restrict or object to certain of our processing activities. You may also have the right to request that we provide you with the personal data you have provided us in a portable form for transmission to another controller’s service. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us by emailing [email protected].
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local data protection authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
How Will I know If MotoChic Updates This Policy?
How Do I Contact MotoChic?
You can contact MotoChic Gear via email at [email protected] or at P.O. Box 886 Los Gatos, CA 95031. Please include your contact information, and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.
Last updated: June 5, 2018
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
What are cookies used for?
Technical cookies are essential for our service to function properly. Like the other cookies we use, technical cookies may be either first-party cookies or third-party cookies.
We use preference cookies to remember your settings and preferences. For example, we may use these cookies to remember your language preferences.
We use security cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our services and to help us improve them. For example, we may use performance cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
We use analytics cookies to help us understand and/or improve our services. For Example, we may use analytics cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
We and our advertising partners use advertising cookies to deliver advertisements to you, to make advertisements more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our website, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns, both on our services and on other websites.
Last updated: June 5, 2018